Traveling to a new place is the great experience for most of the people. Some people love to travel a new place to enjoy their holidays or for business purpose. Some professional traveler always likes to visit a new place to gain new experience about the place and people. However, a backpack is the most important element for a traveler to carry his/her contents. Travel backpacks are not like a college or traditional hiking backpacks. They are entirely different and comes with several attractive features. Thanks to many companies that they produce different kinds best backpacks for traveling around the world. These travel backpacks are specially designed for travelers and come with durability and lightweight. To choose the right backpack for traveling, you must consider some facts.
However, you can check our recommended best backpacks for traveling below to find the ideal one for yourself or your buddy one. We listed here some stylish and great quality travel backpacks with their comparison and detail review.
Navigate To The Right Section
- 1 Quick Comparison of the Best Backpacks for Traveling
- 2 5 Best Backpacks for Traveling [Reviews]
- 3 How to Choose the Best Backpacks for Traveling?
Quick Comparison of the Best Backpacks for Traveling
|Travel Backpacks||Image||Editor Rating||Storage Capacity||Empty Weight||Laptop Sleeve For||Price|
|Osprey Farpoint 40 Travel Backpack||4.9/5||40 L||3 Pounds||No Laptop Sleeve Available||$$$|
|The North Face Women's Jester Backpack||4.7/5||26 L||1.5 Pounds||16 Inch Laptop||$$|
|SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900||4.7/5||30 L||2.2 Pounds||Up to 17 Inch Laptop||$$|
|AmazonBasics Adventure Backpack||4.7/5||26.6 L||2.5 Pounds||Up to 17 Inch Laptop||$$|
|Tumi Alpha Bravo Kingsville Deluxe Brief Backpack||4.6/5||40 L||N/A||Up to 18.4 Inch Laptop||$$$|
|Kelty Women's Redwing 40 Backpack||4.8/5||40 L||2.6 Pounds||Up to 17 Inch Laptop||$$|
|Osprey Men's Atmos 65 AG Backpacks||4.8/5||65 L||3.9 Pounds||No Laptop Sleeve Available||$$$|
|Timbuk2 Aviator Wheeled Backpack||4.6/5||66 L||4.8 Pounds||No Laptop Sleeve Available||$$$|
|Under Armour Storm Hustle II Backpack||4.7/5||40 L||1.3 Pounds||Up to 15.6 Inch Laptop||$$|
|Fjallraven Kajka Backpack||4.6/5||100 L||5.5 Pounds||No Laptop Sleeve Available||$$$|
5 Best Backpacks for Traveling [Reviews]
Osprey Farpoint 40 Travel Backpack
Lightweight and Durable Travel Backpack for Men
The Osprey Farpoint 40 is one of the best-selling and top rated travel backpack. This medium size backpack comes with enough storage capacity for a short personal or business trip. The backpack is available in 3 different colors with 40 L internal storage capacity. The multi-compartment design with lots of internal pockets makes the Osprey Farpoint 40 is an ideal travel backpack. You can carry your travel essentials, clothing, shoes, and gadgets through the backpack for a 7-10 day’s long trip. The lockable sidebar makes the main compartment secure enough to store your valuable contents. You can store the contents by opening this sidebar and zipper of the main compartment.
If you need to carry your backpack with enough weight, then the Osprey Farpoint 40 Backpack is the ideal one. Because the backpack comes with suspension transfer feature. And the back panel and shoulder straps are padded enough to feel comfortable to carry the backpack. The back panel also comes with the advanced ventilation system. And another attractive feature is, there is a chest and a waist strap also available in the Farpoint 40 Travel Backpack. These straps will help to reduce weight from the back. There is also a side handle available in the Osprey 40 Backpack to lift it easily while moving.
The North Face Women’s Jester Backpack
Best Travel Backpack for Women
The North Face Women’s Jester Backpack is the particular version of The Jester Backpack that is specially designed for the women. This is a premium quality and multi-functional travel backpack for women with the mid-range price. The Women’s Jester Backpack made of high-quality polyester materials and available in more than 15 different colors. So you can easily get the backpack with your favorite color. The 26-liter storage capacity is good enough for a corporate lady to carry her travel essentials. You can also use this backpack for a short personal or business trip. As the North Face Women’s Jester Backpack made of polyester materials, so it’s highly resistant to the water. And keep your contents safe from rain, snow, water or dust.
There is a dedicated and padded laptop sleeve available inside the main compartment. You can store up to a 16-inch laptop or a MacBook air in the laptop sleeve. The main compartment is large enough to carry travel essentials, business essentials, and clothing. To feel comfortable, the Jester Backpack comes with the FlexVentTm suspension system. And the compression molded shoulder straps also help to feel comfortable to carry the backpack with enough weight.
SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900
Best Travel Laptop Backpack for Both Men and Women
I always love to include the SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 in my list of because this is a multi-functional backpack. You can use the SwissGear 1900 Backpack as a traditional travel backpack, laptop backpack, college backpack and even as a school backpack. So buy one backpack and use it for multiple purposes. This premium quality travel backpack also designed for both men and women. You can get the backpack for less than 65USD, and it’s available in 5 different colors. Like the previous one, the SwissGear ScanSmart Backpack also made of high-quality polyester materials and highly resistant to the water.
The multi-compartment design makes the SwissGear Travel Gear Backpack ideal for personal and business trip. The main compartment comes with a separate, dedicated and padded laptop sleeve. And this compartment large enough to carry some documents, papers, clothing, shoes and other travel essentials. The laptop sleeve is perfect to carry up to a 17-inch laptop and comes with Checkpoint Friendly feature. So don’t need to remove the laptop from the laptop sleeve while passing the airport security area. The front zippered compartment is well-organized and comes with several small sleeves and pockets. These pockets and sleeves are perfect for storing tools, gadgets and accessories. You can also store your small size business essentials in this compartment.
AmazonBasics Adventure Backpack
Cheap Prices Travel Backpack with Laptop Sleeve
If you are looking for a cheap price backpack for traveling that looks premium, then the AmazonBasics Adventure Backpack is the ideal one. This is a well-organized and large size multi-compartment backpack. The premium quality design, materials, and low price make it one of the best backpacks for traveling around the world. The main compartment comes with enough space and a separate laptop and tablet sleeve. The laptop sleeve can hold up to a 17-inch laptop perfectly, and the tablet sleeve can hold a large size tablet or iPad. The padded laptop sleeve and the built-in attaching strap will keep your laptop safe from any kind accidental damage.
The front zippered compartment is also large enough to store essential documents, clothing or travel essentials. There is a padded media player pocket with headphone outlet available in the front compartment to enjoy music while traveling or hiking. Two zippered side pockets and two side mesh pockets also available to carry a water bottle, umbrella or small accessories. The padded and adjustable shoulder straps and the foam padded back panel also make the AmazonBasics Adventure Backpack ideal to carry easily.
Tumi Alpha Bravo Kingsville Deluxe Brief Backpack
Premium Quality and Expensive Travel Backpack
If you are looking for a premium quality and expensive travel backpack, then the Tumi Alpha Bravo Kingsville Deluxe Brief Backpack could be the best one. This modern and attractive designed travel backpack available in 3 different colors. As choosing a durable and lightweight travel backpack is a very good idea, so the Tumi Alpha Bravo Kingsville Backpack made of highly durable Ballistic Nylon materials. The weight is also low so that you can carry huge contents. The backpack specially designed for the business professionals, corporate persons and students to carry their daily essentials as well as travel essentials.
The main compartment comes with a dedicated laptop and tablet sleeve. The laptop sleeve is large enough to carry up to an 18.4-inch laptop. So this is also an extra-large size laptop backpack that you can use in everyday life. There are six external zippered pockets available to store your travel gear or gadgets for everyday use. Two side zippered pockets are ideal to carry a water bottle as well as accessories. To feel maximum comfort while carrying the backpack, should straps and back panel come with padded features. You can also adjust the shoulder straps to fit on your back perfectly. The soft top handle is good to lift easily when you load too many contents inside the backpack.
How to Choose the Best Backpacks for Traveling?
As I said before, you must consider several facts to choose the best backpacks for traveling. As you are not going to join a class or office with your backpack, you are going to travel a new place, so the backpack should be large enough. You may also need to carry it for a long time, so it also should be durable and lightweight, so that you can carry it with comfort. However, you also need to consider some other facts as described below to choose and buy the right backpack for traveling.
- Size – Backpack size is one of the most important fact that you must consider. Size can make a backpack perfect to enjoy your trip. To choose the right size travel backpack, at first you need to identify that, how much stuff you will carry. There are thousands of backpacks available in the market with 20-60 liter capacity. 20-30 liter capacity is good enough, you are going to a short business trip, or you are a super minimalist. A backpack with 35-45 liter capacity is perfect for anyone to enjoy a medium to a long trip. You can carry everything you need with this size backpack. If you need to carry huge travel essentials along with your clothing and other stuff, then a backpack with 50-60 L capacity will be perfect.
- Lightweight and Durability – As I said before, you may need to carry your backpack while traveling, so a lightweight backpack is essential. You will feel comfortable with a lightweight backpack. On the other hand, durability is important to use a backpack for a long time or to carry huge weight. As a traveler, you may don’t like to spend money 3-4 times in a year to buy a backpack. So purchasing a durable backpack will be a great idea that can last for 1-2 years.
- Suspension System – Nowadays, some travel backpacks come with an advanced suspension system to carry it with a huge load. As most of the traditional hiking backpack or travel backpack not designed to carry it for a long time, so you must choose the right one if you need to carry it for a long time. The padded shoulder straps and padded back panel with advanced suspension system make a backpack comfortable to carry it with enough weight.
- Multiple Compartment Design – A backpack with multiple compartments will help to carry huge stuff as well as keep your stuff organized. You can also pack and unpack your stuff easily and quickly with a multiple compartment designed backpack. You can use the large main compartment to store your clothing, shoes, notebooks and other travel essentials. Most of the travel backpack also comes with a well-organized front compartment to carry gadgets, tools, and accessories.
- Front Loading Compartment – You may know that most of the traditional travel backpack comes with the top loading system. So it is really hard to find any stuff that you store in the bottom of the backpack. And when a backpack comes with the front loading system, you can easily find any stuff by simply unzip the compartment.
- Chest and Hip Belt – Carrying a backpack with huge weight for a long time is not easy. This may harm your back as well as the spine. So buying a travel backpack with chest and the hip belt is the best idea because the chest and the hip belt will reduce the weight from your back and you will feel comfortable to carry the backpack.
- Laptop or Tablet Compartment – A laptop or tablet is an expensive and most important device that we use for business and personal purpose. Most of the people need to carry their laptop or tablet or both of them while traveling. Carrying a laptop is not a big deal, but you must ensure the protection against any kind physical damage while carrying it. And a backpack with a separate, dedicated and padded laptop compartment can ensure the protection of your laptop.
- Water-Resistant/Waterproof or Not – Traveling to a new place and a new environment could be tough if you are not fully prepared. You may face a rain or snow environment while traveling. So choosing and buying a water-resistant or waterproof backpack is the best way to protect your contents from rain, snow, water, dirt or dust.
- Internal and External Pockets – A traveler always needs to carry huge travel gadgets, tools, and accessories. So the backpack must have enough internal and external pockets to carry those tools and accessories.
- Price – The price of a travel backpack depends on several facts. You can buy a travel backpack for just $25 and if you want, you can also buy a travel backpack for more than $200. So, the price depends on the functions, features, and quality of the backpack. But you can buy a premium quality travel backpack with several features can cost $50-$100.
Buying a travel backpack is not a big deal, but choosing and buying the right travel backpack could be a big a deal if you have no previous experience. Hope our guide will help you to choose the best backpacks for traveling and also hope you already find your desirable travel backpack in this list. If not, you can check more travel backpacks on Amazon and get the best deal.